17 June 2019
53178-GEO: East-West Highway (Shorapani-Argveta Section) Improvement Project
Contract No. and Title:
SARP/CW/OCB-01: Construction of Shorapani-Argveta Section (E60 Highway Route)
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
22 August 2019 at 16:00 hours local time
- Georgia has applied for financing from the Asian Development Bank toward the cost of the East-West Highway (Shorapani-Argveta Section) Improvement Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the Contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB.
- The Roads Department of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Construction of Shorapani-Argveta Section (E60 Highway Route). Contract scope includes construction of four (4) lane highway with concrete pavement – total length 14.7 km. The scope also includes construction of 14 bridges with total combined length 5.0 km and 12 tunnels with total combined length 8.5 km.
- Open Competitive Bidding – International will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage One Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries as described in the Bidding Document.
- Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding (should a Bidder be a Joint Venture, the way how the below mentioned criteria will be applied is further detailed in the Bidding Documents):
Pending Litigation: All pending litigation and arbitration, if any, shall be treated as resolved against the Bidder and so shall in total not represent more than 50 percent of the Bidder’s net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities.
- As a minimum, the Bidder’s net worth for the last year calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive;
- Its minimum average annual construction turnover within the last three (3) years must not be less than USD 155,000,000 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed; and
- Bidder must demonstrate that its financial resources less its financial obligations for its current contract commitments meet or exceed the total requirement for the subject Contract USD 25,800,000.
Construction Experience: Participation as a contractor, JV partner, or subcontractor, in at least one contract that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last 5 years and that is similar to the proposed works, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds USD 217,000,000.00. The similarity of such works shall be based on: the reference project submitted, on the existence of construction of highway with tunnels.
Construction experience in the following key activities:
Minimum construction experience in the following key activities:
- Construction of at least 50,000 m2 of transport (road and/or railway) bridge deck in any three consecutive years within the period of the last five (5) years;
- Construction of tunnels with at least a total combined tunnel length of 4,500 m, including drill and blast methodology in any three (3) consecutive years of the last five (5) years. At least one (1) tunnel should be a road tunnel with a minimum length of 1,000 m;
- Construction of concrete road pavement in the quantity of at least 40,000 m2 in any one year of the last five (5) years; and
- Earthworks in the quantity of at least 1,000,000 m3 in any two (2) years of the last five (5) years.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
Mr. Levan Kupatashvili
Address: 12, Al. Kazbegi Ave. 0160 Tbilisi, Georgia
Tel: (+995 32) 2 37 05 08
Fax: (+995 32) 2 37 66 03
6. To obtain the Bidding Documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
- write to address above requesting the Bidding Documents for SARP/CW/OCB-01: CONSTRUCTION OF SHORAPANI–ARGVETA SECTION (E60 HIGHWAY ROUTE);
- Bidding Documents will be provided in an electronic format, free of charge;
The document will be sent by e-mail. No liability will be accepted for delivery failure.
7. Deliver your bid:
- to the Roads Department of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia. Street address: Al. Kazbegi Avenue #12. Floor/Room number: IV Floor, Chancellery;
- on or before 1 August 2019 at 16:00 hours;
- together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
8. Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below:
Roads Department of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia
Street address: Al. Kazbegi Avenue #12
Floor/Room number: II Floor, Conference Hall
City: 0160 Tbilisi
 2015, 2016 and 2017 or 2016, 2017 and 2018 depending on the availability of the audited financial statements.