Invitation for Bids
East-West Highway Improvement Project (II)
Contract Title: Procurement of Chishura Slope Protection Works for Kutaisi new bypass road
Bid invitation No.: EWHIP /CW/NCB-05
Announcement No: DEP170000053
1. Georgia has received financing from the JICA LOAN No. GRG-P3 toward the cost of the East-West Highway Improvement Project (II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Contract Title: Procurement of Chishura Slope Protection Works for Kutaisi new bypass road
2. The project implementing agency, the Roads Department of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia now invites eligible bidders to submit their bids for execution of Chishura Slope Protection Works. Implementation period for execution of works is 6 months.
3. The estimated cost of proposed works is GEL 5,719,257.29 including all taxes, duties and other governmental levies as elaborated under clause ITB - 14.7. However, it is the responsibility of the bidder to submit a bid price, which could be below or above the estimated cost, based on the current market prices and any other factors which may influence the pricing of the proposed works.
4. Bidders shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria to qualify for award of the contract:
a. Minimum average annual construction turnover of GEL 3,000,000.00 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last 3 years (from 2014 to/including 2016), divided by 3;
b. Access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments to meet the following cash-flow requirement: GEL 800,000.00;
c. Experience as prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor in the construction of at least one work of a nature and complexity equivalent to the works within the last three (5) years prior to the bid submission deadline (starting from the 1st January, 2012) (works should be substantially completed) at least one (1) contract for construction/rehabilitation with a value of GEL 3,000,000.00.
d. Additional Qualification Criterion as defined in Section III – Evaluation and Qualification Criteria of Bidding Documents.
5. A complete set of bidding documentation in English language in electronic format can be downloaded for free.
6. Bids shall be submitted electronically as outlined in ITB 25.1. Late bids will not be accepted. Deadline for electronic bids submission is: as stated in the state E-procurement system. Government procurement procedures SHALL NOT apply for this procurement.
Bid submission and bid opening will take place electronically using Georgian E-Government Procurement System with certain modifications. Major modifications to the Georgian E-Procurement System are:
• Functionality of the three rounds of e-Reverse auction is removed. Rounds will not be applicable.
• The estimated cost of the contract is disclosed in the e-Procurement system and bidders can submit a bid price, which could be below or above the estimated cost, however pricing the bid is the responsibility of the bidder which shall be based on the current market prices and any other factors which may influence the pricing of the proposed works.
• Please note that bidding is conducted under National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January, 2011 revised July 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”). Requests for clarification should be submitted through the Georgian E- Government Procurement System.
7. All bids should be submitted together with the Bid Security Declaration. Bid Security Declaration shall be valid for 28 days beyond the validity of the Bid (i.e., 90 days+28 days = 118 days). For bids submitted by a JV bidder shall carefully read ITB 19.8 as failure to comply with this ITB may be grounds for bid rejection.
8. The Employer's address:
Attention: Nugzar Gasviani, Deputy Chairman of Roads Department of the Ministry
of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia
Street Address: 12 A. Kazbegi ave.
City: Tbilisi, 0160
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org