Second Secondary and Local Roads Project (SLRPII)
Contract Title: Restoration Works for Road Sections Damaged in 2015 by Heavy Rainfalls and Landslide
Activity on the Local Road Natanebi – Shroma – Ureki (Km1 – Km18)
Bid invitation No.: SLRP II/CW/NCB-17
1. Georgia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Secondary and Local Roads Project (SLRPII), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Restoration Works for Road Sections Damaged in 2015 by Heavy Rainfalls and Landslide Activity on the Local Road Natanebi – Shroma – Ureki (Km1 – Km18) .
2. The project implementing agency, the Roads Department of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia now invites eligible bidders to submit their bids for execution of preliminary and soil works and Environmental Improvement Activities. Implementation period for execution of works is 4 months.
The estimated cost of proposed works is GEL 647 488. 37 including all taxes, duties and other governmental levies as elaborated under clause ITB - 14.7. However, it is the responsibility of the bidder to submit a bid price, which could be below or above the estimated cost, based on the current market prices and any other factors which may influence the pricing of the proposed works.
3. Bidders shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria to qualify for award of the contract:
a. Average annual construction turnover of at least 350, 00.00 GEL within the last 3 years (2013, 2014 and 2015), divided by 3 years.
b. Experience as prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor in the construction of at least one work of a nature and complexity equivalent to the works within the last three (3) years prior to the bid submission deadline, (works should be substantially completed) with a value of (a) one (1) contract of minimum value GEL 500,000.00
c. At least 15 000 m3 of earth works executed in any one year within the last three (3) years prior to the bid submission deadline,
d. The evidence that the bidder is not involved in any litigation with regard to its bankruptcy, reorganization or liquidation;
e. Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 150,000 GEL.
f. Additional Qualification Criterion as defined in Bidding documents Volume I (Part 2) Section III – Evaluation and Qualification Criteria of Bidding Documents.
4. A complete set of bidding documentation in English language in electronic format can be downloaded for free.
5. Bids shall be submitted electronically as outlined in ITB 25.1. Late bids will not be accepted. Deadline for electronic bids submission is: as stated in the state E-procurement system. Government procurement procedures SHALL NOT apply for this procurement.
Bid submission and bid opening will take place electronically using Georgian E-Government Procurement System with certain modifications. Major modifications to the Georgian E-Procurement System are:
Functionality of the three rounds of e-Reverse auction is removed. Rounds will not be applicable.
The estimated cost of the contract is disclosed in the e-Procurement system and bidders can submit a bid price, which could be below or above the estimated cost, however pricing the bid is the responsibility of the
bidder which shall be based on the current market prices and any other factors which may influence the pricing of the proposed works.
Please note that bidding is conducted under National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January, 2011 (“Procurement Guidelines”). Requests for clarification should be submitted through the Georgian Government E-Procurement System.
6. All bids should be submitted together with the Bid Security Declaration. Bid Security Declaration shall be valid for 28 days beyond the validity of the Bid (i.e., 90 days+28 days = 118 days). For bids submitted by a JV bidder shall carefully read ITB 19.8 as failure to comply with this ITB may be grounds for bid rejection.
7. Name: Giorgi Seturidze
Position: Chairman of Roads Department of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of
Address: 12 Al. Kazbegi Avenue, Tbilisi, 0160, Georgia