Forth East-West Highway Improvement Project (EWHIP-4)
Credit/Loan No. IDA 5245-GE; IBRD 8263-GE
Project No. P130413
Assignment Title: “Carrying Out Detailed Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Preparing Environmental and Social Management Plan for the Improvement of Chumateleti-Khevi Section of E-60 Highway”.
Contract/RFP No: EWHIP-4/CS/CQS-05
Reference No. EWHIP-4 PP, Component 2, Item No 25.
Georgia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Forth East-West Highway Improvement Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, and related services and consulting services to be procured under this project, which will be jointly financed by the Government of Georgia.
The Roads Department of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia (RDMRDI) now invites eligible consultancy companies (Consultants) to express their interest in providing the following services: “Carrying Out Detailed Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Preparing Environmental and Social Management Plan for the Improvement of Chumateleti-Khevi Section of E-60 Highway”.
To achieve the objective of this assignment, the Consultant is expected to:
- Identify sensitive environmental, social, and cultural heritage receptors within the corridor of East-West highway and Rikoti Tunnel, point out risks to the natural and social environment and to the cultural assets associated with the anticipated construction works in this section, and describe their nature and scope;
- Cooperate with the team of designers hired by the client in the process of defining exact route of the highway with the purpose of integrating environmental, social, and cultural heritage perspectives into the selection of the optimal route;
- Provide a set of detailed mitigation measures aimed at avoiding or decreasing expected negative impacts of construction on the natural, social, and cultural environment, and develop an environmental management matrix including mitigation and monitoring plans;
- Describe institutional set-up for administering and enforcing ESMP throughout the construction and operation of the subject section of the highway, identify weaknesses and gaps in this set-up, and recommend measures for addressing the identified weaknesses;
- Assist the client, as requested, during public consultations on the draft ESIA report and through the process of obtaining an environmental permit from the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection (MoENRP).
The estimated duration of assignment is 7 months.
Interested companies shall provide information demonstrating that they have the necessary experience to perform the aforesaid services. Expressions of interest should cover, but not limited to: Experience relevant to the project activities, key staff resources and qualification, corporate profile. They shall include brief CVs of the personnel, who are proposed for the assignment to confirm they have relevant qualification and experience.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment: The consultant shall not receive any remuneration in connection with the assignment except as provided in the contract. The consultant and its affiliates shall not engage in consulting or other activities that conflict with the interest of the client under the contract. The contract shall include provisions limiting future engagement of the consultant for other services resulting from or directly related to the firm’s consulting services in accordance with the requirements of paragraphs 1.9 and 1.10 of the Guidelines.
Consultants may form an association (Please take into account that form of association acceptable for the World Bank is either sub-consultancy or Joint-Venture and submission must clearly indicate the nature of the association ) to enhance their qualifications. The experience of sub-consultants will not be taken into account while evaluating the corporate experience of the company. Experience in the projects relevant to the assignment should be submitted in the Form N1 uploaded at Roads Department website on www.georoad.ge on the following link:
The consultants are strongly advised to limit their Expression of Interest to 20 pages. Company brochures may be included as an Annex, and will not be affected by the limit of 20 pages.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Consultant’s Qualification Selection” procedures set out in World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers , January 2011, revised in July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”). On the basis of submitted Expressions of Interest, a short-list will be established and highest ranked consultant will be requested to submit technical and financial proposal.
Required Qualification of the Consultant:
The Consultant must have an experience in preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Environmental management Plan
- General experience;
- Experience in similar assignments (i.e. Preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Environmental Management Plan during last 5 years – assignments completed in and/or after 2011).
Note: The Road Department reserves it’s right to verify submitted references and use obtained information for evaluation purposes.
Interested consultants may obtain further information by email: email@example.com
Expressions of Interest accompanied relevant information mentioned above must be submitted either as a hard copy or electronically to the address below not later than July 1, 2016, 17:00 hours.
Name: Maia Kaliashvili
Position: Deputy Chairman of Roads Department of the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia
Address: 12 Al. Kazbegi Avenue, Tbilisi, 0160, Georgia